"Not all those who wander are lost."

J R R Tolkien

HOME...................................................EMAIL: joel.delorme@btopenworld.com............................................. MY WEBSITE

11 April 2010

Where I sell my stuff

I have started a website where I will sell the stuff I make. Let me Explain.

I am 58 and work part time as a wood work instructor. I like the job but I also need to pay the bills. So I have been looking for a full time job for months now, with no success. Oh, I have applied for a few and got interviews. But no jobs. In the past, I got all the jobs I applied and got interviews for. No longer it seems. I get the distinct feeling that I am now considered too old by most employers. Can't prove it of course. It's illegal to discriminate on ground of age these days. No one is going to tell me, are they?

So I am now a self employed man. I am decided to attempt to turn my hobby into a proper small business and sell the stuff I am going to make. I don't expect to make a fortune, I can assure you! But hopefully to add to what I earn from my part time job, sell knives and leather stuff, carve signs, really anything I can think of!

My new website is to be found here.

2 comments:

  1. Funny enough I have had the same feeling when I apply for jobs,they take one look at me and I know strait the way what they are thinking,yep to old.

    Thing is us mature folks have a lot to teach and have life experience,guess they just want robots that ddon't think these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The way I think about it now is, tough , it's their loss. Which it is, but that does not help finances of course, but it makes me feel better!

    ReplyDelete