"Not all those who wander are lost."

J R R Tolkien

HOME...................................................EMAIL: joel.delorme@btopenworld.com............................................. MY WEBSITE

6 November 2010

An update on my tablet weaving

Well, I have persevered with the tablet weaving and finished my first strap. It's 2" wide and 4ft long. I am very happy with it as my first proper attempt at making something useful with weaving. I am going to use it to make the strap for a possible's/hunting bag, sort of mountaiman-ish! I have also made my first sample of double faced weaving. I am also happy with that because I have learned a lot from making those and I will continue tablet weaving. Here are a couple of pictures.

Here's the double-faced sample. It's a very simple design, designed by me! But it's was enough to help me understand how it works


This is the strap I am going to use for the bag. There are a few hiccups in the pattern, but it's barely noticeable, and I am very happy with it regardless!



No comments:

Post a Comment