"Not all those who wander are lost."

J R R Tolkien

HOME...................................................EMAIL: joel.delorme@btopenworld.com............................................. MY WEBSITE

16 June 2011

Hand carved wood signs

I have done a bit more wood carving lately. For a few years, I have made carved signs, and the only advertisement I have used was a couple of wood carved plaques by the side of the road. They have over the years become very tatty, and  I finally took them down a few months ago, and had a break from making signs. I finally got down to making a new one to replace them.  Here are a couple of pictures, taken prior to varnishing. I have used Oak for the board and Mahogany for the Hare carving.

Most of the signs I have made over the years have been house signs. I never made a forturne with them though. I am now going to try harder to attract "business signs" and the above sign is only going to be part of the advertising! I hope it's going to work...

1 comment: