"Not all those who wander are lost."

J R R Tolkien

HOME...................................................EMAIL: joel.delorme@btopenworld.com............................................. MY WEBSITE

24 February 2013

Enforced rest

Well, I have spent the last four days in hospital. Actually two hospitals. I was minding my own business on wednesday morning and doing some work on the boat, when I suddenly developed severe chest pain. Severe enough to want to call the Paramedics and an ambulance.

So 4 days later, all sorts of tests, ECGs, angiogram, blood tests etc etc, showed it was a heart attack, not a severe one. Severe enough though.

I  have to take this seriously and behave myself...So off sick for up to 6 weeks (the nurse said), and NO boat-building for a while, (the nurse also said)...(that hurts!) In fact I am allowed to make tea but not much else for a while, which is going to drive me up the wall! Just as well it's still too cold to do much work on the boat.

As the saying goes:
"Life is what happens to you when you are planning something else"
Still, it's a bugger!

5 comments:

  1. Bummer. Better listen to the docs; they know more than they used to. Maybe you can catch up on your reading. Glad you're okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy for a while, the boat and other things that need doing won't go away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've problems, but it could have been much worse. Pay attention to the warning as many people don't get one.

    I know it's hard to have to take it easy, but you have to be good now to play later.

    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you gentlemen. I must have been a bit dopey the past fews days, I have read the discharge letter and it says it was a definite heart attack. Basically, I am lucky to be here to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot add much to it. I am glad you´re still with us. PLEASE be careful, do you? Take it easy now, nothing material is so important that you have to die for it!

    If there´s anything I can do, you got my email.

    ReplyDelete