Well, it's been a while since I posted anything! For that matter, it's been a while since I did any work on the boat. The last 3 months have been spent in boat building hibernation...It's not quite true though. I did wake up briefly now and again, to do the odd bit of work.
Most of that work has been concerned in keeping the tent up and in a reasonable condition. Considering it was a "budget" marquee, it's done remarkably well. It's about 15 or 16 months since it was put up. The fabric has become a bit porous in places, there are drips coming in. Mind you, it would have been even more surprising if it had not happened. We have had weeks of rain, and more rain, gales and, on at least 2 occasions, wind of over 70 miles an hour. I am glad I'd spent time using much bigger tie downs and rope than what was provided with the tent. I would have found it in the fields ages ago otherwise.
I now have all the material necessary to actually finish the hull and the cabin. I have made all the curved beams needed for the cabin roof. Right now, I am working on the forward sides of the cabin and roof. The hull itself is not yet complete. The reason for this is that access to the inside is much easier that way. Besides, there is a fair amount of WEST epoxy resin to be used in the making of the bottom panels and fibre-glassing, and the weather is still way too cold for epoxy, the optimum being 18 degrees, whereas we've got 6 or 7 degrees today!
I have got some pictures to put up, I just have to figure out the new computer and that darn Window 8, which is a right pain to use....